HOW TO CHOOSE A GOOD CONTRACTOR FOR YOUR FOUNDATION REPAIR
HOME / HELPFUL TIPS / HOW TO CHOOSE A GOOD CONTRACTOR FOR YOUR FOUNDATION REPAIR
How to choose a good contractor for your foundation repair
When you need to decide on a foundation repair company there are several factors you should inquire about to be sure the company is able to deliver a great product. Choosing the wrong company can be very expensive.
The questions below will give you the necessary information to make a good decision on your contractor.
1. How are you and the employees of your company trained?Listen closely – is there a real ongoing training program going on. Are there tests given and are they certified?
2. How is pile/pier tested? Do they have ICC-ES (International Code Council – Evaluation Services)? Do they do pile load test for engineering firms?If they can’t meet these code requirements I would not use them.
3. How long have they been manufacturing their piles / piers?There should be a good history.
4. What is their failure rate and how often do they have to re-adjust a pile /pier?A good contractor should rarely have to repair or replace his materials.
5. Do their materials hold any patents?There answer should be yes and be able to prove with patent numbers.
6. How do they warranty their work and products?There should be a limited lifetime warranty that is transferable.