How can we make sure that we have a good foundation? First, you need to educate yourself on what makes a good foundation and then interview a few companies to see who knows their stuff.
Kansas City home foundation issues can be determined and repaired by CPS Foundation Repair Company out of Overland Park, Ks. As a Company, we’d like to first share with you what we look for in building a good foundation and how we can apply our knowledge to make sure your home is set firm and unshakeable. If the original process isn’t done correctly, then it would have to be followed up by repairs.
Here are some tips we’ve put together for you of how to, from the beginning, make sure you are building a good foundation:
1. As mentioned above, soil is very important. In fact, it holds great importance. If your soil is not strong or able to hold weight, then there can be serious issues arise.
2. Next, you need to have your land surveyed. This way you know exactly where are the corners of your foundation will lie and how far out it can be positioned.
3. You will then have an excavation contractor start digging up the spot where the foundation will be laid.
4. Install the footings. Footings are created either by pouring concrete directly into the trenches in the ground or into the wooden forms.
5. Next, you need a high quality sealer to seal the footings and protect them from moisture. Seek advice on this from experienced home builders.
6. Once the concrete has cured, use concrete block to create the stem walls if you’re building a basement. Usually your masons will start with your block wall in the corner of the foundation. They do this with what are called “leads,” which give masons two endpoints from which to string a line — allowing them to build a plumb and level wall between the two points. The result is a straight and level wall that’s crucial to keeping all of the basement walls consistent.
7. Last, but not least, treat your foundation walls with another coat of sealant to keep the moisture out.
If you already own a finished home and you are beginning to see signs of needing foundation repairs, let us come out and take a look. We can give you a free estimate while providing you with the best service possible. We are experts at Kansas City home foundation issues and we want to make your Kansas City home foundation issues non-existent.
Check us out online at http://cpsfoundationrepair.com/ and give us a call, today!